Monday, June 20, 2011

Midterms.

Midterms are never a good thing. That is obvious and that is the nature of things. Well, tonight I had probably the scariest first midterm in my acupuncture career. I hope I did okay. I totally fudged on two really easy points, Heart 6 and Lung 9. I was on the lateral side of the tendon instead of the medial for Heart 6 and totally located Lung 6 instead of 9. That's what I get for only practicing on myself, I guess. Boyfriend must deal with me palpating him more, end of story.

Speaking of boyfriend, wow, what a strange thing. He is in Oregon and I'm here. His first semester in school as well. A total immersion program for 10 days. It feels like he's already been gone for 10 days; alas, it has only been half that. It's just a strange feeling not to have my other half? We did this for 18 months but we had never lived together first. I'm sure he's doing a lot better with this than I am. He's surrounded by 150 new people. Craft talks every hour of every day. Peer readers giving him feedback. Man, he's in heaven. It's kind of a wonder he remembers to call me, to be honest. I'm a lucky fucker.

So, one midterm & one ridiculous quiz out of the way, 3 midterms and 2 quizzes left. How do people do this? One of the only other people I've somewhat taken to dropped the practicum class today. Poor girl--had she have dropped it on Friday (only 2 days ago) it wouldn't have cost her thousands of dollars. She remedied this by buying a $500 ticket to Mexico over our "break" (one week). Kudos.

I'm trying to figure out what day is optimal for quitting my job. It's a tough gamble. Do I quit before finals so that no one pins me with training a new person while I'm studying? Will that happen? Or do I just do it the Friday before the week before midterms? See, it's a money issue for sure...

Called my dad for daddy's day yesterday. He says he'll help me through med school when I'm done with holistic school. Well, hadn't really thought of that, but some internal medicine might be an interesting study to enhance where I am? Hell, one freaking trimester at a time I guess...

I'm calling in sick tomorrow. If I'm quitting, I have to use these sick hours, you see. And tomorrow's a good day for it. Nothing terribly urgent at work...there's a yoga class offered at my gym at noon...I can make it over to the container store to get a large enough glass vessel for Kombucha making...I can study for Anatomy & physiology quiz and terminology midterm...make it to my gyno appointment...AND go to the Nutritional Therapy Institute's open house (is their herbal program better than mine? I must know).

I'm ridiculously lonely. I never thought that could happen, being that I'm a hermit, but I'm not really connecting with anyone at school and my boo is 1300 miles away connecting with almost 200 people. Clearly, I am in the deficiency zone. Luckily, I rediscovered my guitar and my voice and there's still somewhat of a potential there. Maybe not a crazy-good potential, but I have not lost all.

Wish me luck for the future exams, nameless, faceless public.

No comments:

Post a Comment